Bytecoin works through 2 separate binary files operated through command line:
- bytecoind – daemon to synchronize the blockchain and mine bytecoins.
- simplewallet – wallet to receive and send funds.
- Unzip the archive to one separate folder
- Download blockchain archive and unpack it to:
- Open bytecoind. For downloadable Linux archive use
- Wait until bytecoind is synchronized. You will be notified with several green "SYNCHRONIZED OK" messages.
- Open simplewallet. For downloadable Linux archive use
Daemon: syncrhonization & mining
After bytecoind is launched you will have to wait until it is synchronized with the network. You will be notified with several green "SYNCHRONIZED OK" messages. Here are the most important daemon commands:
|start_mining <wallet_address> [threads=1]||Start mining in several threads to a given wallet address|
|show_hr||Show current mining hashrate|
|hide_hr||Stop showing current mining hashrate|
|help||Show all daemon commands|
Wallet: send and receive payments
Simplewallet can only be used after the daemon is launched and synchronized. Simlewallet automatically synchronizes with bytecoind. Here are the most important wallet commands:
|address||Show your wallet address|
|balance||Show current wallet balance|
|transfer <mixin_count> <address> <amount>||Send money to <address> with a mixing amount of <mixin_count>|
|start_mining <threads>||Start mining in daemon with several threads to the current wallet address|
|stop_mining||Stop mining in daemon|
|help||Show all wallet commands|